Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Waiting....

I've decided to call this season of my life the 'Waiting Room'. Mostly waiting for adoption news but then again it seems like I'm always waiting on something. For Friday to roll around, for pay day, vacations, birthdays, news of any sort about our adoption. I've been asking God, what do I do while in the 'waiting room' and I'm starting to learn something. I'm learning that if I focus too much on what I'm waiting for to happen, I miss out on a good deal of my life. And a lot of life is spent waiting so in a sense I'm wishing a good portion of my life away. Easier said than done, but I'm trying to step back and enjoy this process, to not miss out on what God has for me in this 'waiting room' season I'm in.



That being said, we've been 'waiting' a grand total of two months for any news about our adoption and I'm trying not to pull my hair out. I know what you are thinking and yes, two months isn't very long at all. This could go on for a couple years so I should probably calm down right? It's not so much that I'm wanting to rush the process, it's more the constant 'never knowing what's going on' combined with the 'gotta be prepared at all times' rounded out by the 'what do we do now'. I'm just constantly reminded and thankful that God holds the map. I'm thankful that even though I have no idea when or where or how this is all going to happen, He does. He see's the big picture and knows every detail down to how many hairs will be on this child's head. That is my constant source of relief during all of this waiting. Those that know me, know I love to plan, love to have ideas and know what's going on at all times, so this is quite a stretching and growing season for me. And I like that. I need to grow. I need to be stretched. I don't mean to sound whiny, in all reality most days fly by. But occasionally I hit a day like today where I just can't stop wondering how this will all play out and it starts to feel a bit overwhelming. 

So if you are wondering how you could support us right now, we would ask for prayer. Prayer for us as we wait and learn more about being patient! Prayer for the birth mom we will meet someday. Lastly, prayer for this wonderful little him or her who is the center of this whole thing. I'm constantly just in awe of how much support and love we are shown from family, friends and even complete strangers. I'm so blessed. 

Speaking of blessed, have you seen our fundraising thermometer? >>>>>>

Good grief we are surrounded by generous folks. I just love how many of you want to be involved in Baby Locati's life! Oh the stories we will be able to tell Baby about how many people prayed for, donated and asked about him or her. Thank you for loving our family so much. Seriously. Thank you. 

We are $7500 away from the minimum amount we will need to finalize the adoption! This blows my mind!! If you are wondering how to help, consider purchasing a puzzle piece. Each piece is $5 and goes directly to our agency fees. Your name will go on a puzzle piece and eventually hung up in the nursery so our family can remember you all and how you have sacrificed to help us! 

Here's an update on how many pieces have been purchased! About 100 have been sponsored, 400 to go (this doesn't reflect that an amazing family member purchased an entire puzzle themselves! We still have to get that completed)


Thanks for checking in! We will keep you posted if we hear anything! 


Kristen



No comments:

Post a Comment