Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Adopted Newborn Class

Last weekend Chris and I attended an all day training about caring for adopted infants. It was taught by a registered nurse and others who had all adopted children themselves. We had a GREAT time! 

We learned basic infant care including swaddling, diaper options, baby wearing and early child development as well as more adoption related material. We had a 'baby' that we were to take care of for the entire class. Here is Chris with our little 'girl'. She didn't cry or wet her diaper once! 


I am so thankful that there are adoptive families that want to share information that they've learned! One of the greatest parts of the day was getting to interact with other families in the adoption process. 

We also had the chance to check out some adoption related children's books. The one I loved the most and can't wait to purchase is God Found Us You by Lisa Tawn Bergren. It is absolutely beautifully written, I found myself tearing up just flipping through the book. 


One of my favorite excerpts from the book reads "Oh yes" Mama said with a smile. "That is my favorite story of all. From God to my arms, you made me the happiest mother in the world." "Just by comin' home?" Little Fox asked with a yawn. "Especially by coming home." Mama said



If you are in the Portland area definitely check out the Baby & Toddler Care Class through NAFA (Northwest Adoptive Families Association) 



No comments:

Post a Comment