Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Drumroll Please!

As of 11:02 pm on 12/29/14, we received the email that our file is in order, home study complete and in the words of our amazing caseworker 'You are officially a waiting family!'

Another way to say this is 'paper pregnant'. 




Not sure how I feel about that term, but we're gonna roll with it anyway! Obviously we are VERY relieved and excited, but now the real adventure begins. We could be meeting with birth families at any moment and placed at any moment so basically we just have to be ready. I have loaded up on newborn clothes for boys and girls, newborn diapers, wipes and basically everything but the car seat. Well, I guess I only have enough diapers for 2 1/2 days but we'll catch up! Now realistically this process usually takes 12-24 months, but still, that's so fast. I'm sure I will be busily nesting and fundraising waiting for that awesome moment we meet our little one. 

So enter a giant EEEEKKKKK here followed by a OMGOSH. We are freaking out. This process was complete in 5 months. That's crazy fast. 

If you are looking for me, I'll be huddled in the corner surrounded by books about how to take care of newborns and sniffing Pampers diapers to get prepared for the amazing smell of babies. Possibly downing chocolate faster than you can say Hershey. Roller coasters have nothing on the adoption process. 



No comments:

Post a Comment