Monday, July 28, 2014

Yard Sale!!

Well nothing much to update yet. Our application was received by the agency on Friday the 25th. We have been waiting all of 3 days now and I might lose my mind! Yes yes I know, patience is a virtue. (not one I enjoy using however!) It could take anywhere from 1 to 10 days til hear back so until then, I'm throwing myself head first into the world of fundraising (I love fundraising about as much as I love patience!) 

I don't want to be tacky and talk about dollars here, but we have to raise quite a few of them. Our first payment will be due upon our application getting approved. 

So our first fundraiser will be a yard sale. I have already had so many wonderful people donate items for us to sell, and I am BEYOND grateful to each and everyone of you. I even had a complete stranger give me all her leftovers from her yard sale to support us. Just blows me away, the kindness of people. So we have TONS of fun items for sale. I am picking up several more donations this week as well. (If you have items you would like to donate email me and I can pick them up! adoptinglove@hotmail.com) 

In addition, we are having a bake sale and a raffle for several pies! Bake sale will include homemade cinnamon rolls, chocolate chip cookies, rice krispie treats and many other fun surprises. We will be selling raffle tickets for .50 a piece for one of many pies that have been donated to us. 

If you live in the Hillsboro area, would you do me a favor and pass this on? My garage looks like I'm a hoarder now and I would love to sell all these great treasures! 

Thanks for taking time to follow our little adventure. God has been so good to us and we can't wait to see what happens next! 

Love, K & C

PS - Email me if you want our address! I don't want to post it on here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment